Wednesday, July 14, 2010

ruthie's room: where the cool kids at

There aren't many things that are better than what is happening at this moment. Let me set the scene for you: DL: Ruthdog hopelessly attempts to clean her closet while Caroline and I listen to MAYBE a fourth of the words she endlessly rattles off (consisting mostly of stories she has already told us four times, about Austin the Female Deer or all of the 40-yr-old women she works with everyday, beginning with "This is a really funny story... actually, it's not," and concluding with Caroline commenting, "That was the worst story I've ever heard,"); UC: Caroline and I brush up on our internet stalking on two separate laptops, occasionally glancing over at each other's monitors to laugh at a youtube clip of unfathomable fat women dancing.
It's times like these that remind me how much I'm going to miss my sisters.

Ruth just pointed out that ever since we were little girls, we have often gravitated to her room to hang out and be goof balls. I love it. We're all so weird and hilarious, and I can't help but think that everyone should want to be one of us Jager girls. What's not to love, right? (For example, Ruth just shoved a let's just say SOILED pair of nike shorts in front of my face, demanding my poor little nose to "Smell this. Smell this. Smell this. Smell this..." and etc. until I obey... WHO DOESN'T LOVE THAT.) I love hating listening to Ruth tell the same story for the 5th time and relay absolutely POINTLESS information to me. I love hating Caroline's DRIVE-ME-CRAZY-ANNOYING-ARGUMENT-CRAVING-CONTROL-FREAK nags. Gin isn't even here, but she also wasn't for the first 7 years of my life when these Ruth's room gatherings began. Don't get me wrong, I'll miss Gin, too, but she'll get some other blog entry later...

It'll be weird to be weird without them. I laugh more with the two of them than anyone else, so I don't know who the heck is going to fill in the time-wasting cackle time we share.

What's weird about this particular entry, is that it is sounding so much more sappy than I am actually feeling right now. I guess, I just always end up writing that way- which is kind of annoying, but whatever... Right now, I just feel lazy, laid-back, and well entertained. And that's just what I'm going to miss next year, because even though those three components compose college, college doesn't come with my sisters.

... Thinking about it, there are totes-def-ABSOLUTELY-wayyyy better things than what is happening at this moment. But this kinda thing totes-def-ABSOLUTELY ranks up high.

No comments:

Post a Comment