Saturday, January 15, 2011

This is the day, and I will rejoice.

Dorm, sweet dorm-- home of bad food, worse mattresses, and the 2010 BCS National Champs (well, my dorm isn't exactly home to the team, but we sure are proud of them... war eagle)-- Hope you're happy to see me again, Helen Keller Hall.... Overall, I had a fantastic winter break. Kicked it off with my big 1-9, and wrapped it up with a victorious trip to Glendale, Arizona (war eagle). The inbetween was filled with my first go at a job in retail (at my favorite store in the world), gingerbread house decorating, family bonding, wimpy attempts to exercise, and my first white Christmas. The time passed a little too quickly. I was a bit sad to leave home but am overall happy to be back on the Plains. I really do love it here, even if I am still waiting for it to really feel like home. That's what I'm doing a lot of right now-- waiting. You know what God is doing alot of right now? Teaching my heart to do so patiently.

"THIS IS the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in IT." Psalm 118:24

I think that sometimes I forget that this verse does not say, "This is not the day the Lord has made. Three years from now is. Rejoice in a day that the Lord has made three years from today," because I do a heck of a lot of that. I find myself being so incontent with my life. I want to be older, I want to be thinner, I want to be engaged, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.... Well, news-flash to me: God made TODAY for me; He wants to give me one day at a time (every day being one I don't deserve); and if I don't rejoice in it, of course I will be incontent (today's all I got), and I will miss out on caboodles and boodles of joy. Sure, I can be excited about God's plan for my future, but there is no reason that it should make me incontent with His plan for my present if the present is all I'm guaranteed and I don't actually know what that future is. So, new plan of action, "'Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland,'" Isaiah 43:18-19. "I waited patiently for the LORD; [...] He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. [...] Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD," Psalm 40:1,3-4.... I like my new plan alot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment