Saturday, February 12, 2011

then sings my soul

[I should warn you that I'm sleepy and that this blog is very poorly constructed and that it is way too emotional for the internet and that I'm kind of embarrassed-- but whatevssss.]

It's 12:45 AM on a (now) Saturday morning. What did I do this Friday night? Nothing. How many Friday nights in a row have I done nothing? All of them.
This is really, really lame, but it's not actually what this blog is about. Sorry to disappoint you.

What this blog is actually about is how insanely much I miss singing. It doesn't seem like too long ago that I used to sing for hours everyday, but in reality, that was almost a year ago. Dear Mags and I have been watching our high school glory days on DVD over the past week, and dangit-- I really miss that. It's not at all that I miss high school or that I want to go back to a year ago-- it's that I miss doing what I love the most with the people I love the most. That's normal, right? To miss doing something that you're passionate about? I sometimes feel like it's kinda lame to miss it as much as I do, but as super cheesy as it is, singing is a huge part of who I am, and now, it's hardly present in my life at all. It's weird to me that people in Auburn don't even know that side of me; I want them to because, without it, I'm not me. There are only so many things that feel as fulfilling as singing for my Savior. I want to praise Him again with song. That's what made performing in high school such a blessing; I had such an incredible opportunity to praise the Lord with what I love. I want opportunities like that again. I want to do what I love again. I want to sing again.


Well, that was all incredibly too dramatic for my tastes. I'm kind of embarrassed. I shouldn't blog when I am this sleepy because I sound alot like my thirteen-year-old self and NO ONE wants that.

I'll leave you with lyrics to this hymn. It's a good one.

How Great Thou Art

O Lord my God,
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all
The works Thy Hand hath made,
I see the stars,
I hear the mighty thunder,
Thy pow'r throughout,
The universe displayed;

When through the woods
And forest glades I wander
I hear the birds
Sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look down
From lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook
And feel the gentle breeze;
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
When Christ shall come,
With shouts of acclamation,
And take me home,
What joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow
In humble adoration
And there proclaim,
"My God, how great Thou art!"

Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!


(Photography by Minette Loveless)


No comments:

Post a Comment