Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Would Like to Call It Beauty

Hey, friends! Nothing too exciting has been going on in my life lately so, I thought I'd just post a few pictures of life's recent happenings. The pictures aren't much, but they represent alot of the little blessings that the Lord has brought me over the past few months.

It's so crazy to think that my freshman year is almost over! In 26 days, I will move back to Birmingham for the summer. Where has the time gone? It seems like only a few weeks ago that I posted "twenty" (a post about how I would move to Auburn in twenty days), but it wasn't. It was months and months ago, and almost nothing about my life is the same as it was then. Wow. I feel like I've been trying to sprint this marathon we call "Freshman Year," and now, even though the finish line is so near and I'm so tired and you're never supposed to try to sprint long distances, it isn't here just yet so, I can't stop sprinting. The "race" (if you will) has been completely different than anything than I ever expected it would be. Some uphills were so much steeper than I ever imagined, but there were also more easy-striding downhills than I'd guessed-- and I can't forget to mention all of the unexpected wildflowers that bloomed here and there to keep me going when the race was hardest.
So, yeah... as cheesy as that was, I mean it all to say that: Yes, freshman year has been harder than I thought it would be when I posted "twenty", but it has been a blessing, and I would have it no other way. God has got some crazy big plans for my life, and before this year, I thought I could guess what they were; however, I've learned that God is a bit bigger than guessing games, and His grand plan is bigger than the biggest grand slam I could ever dream. The uphills have not been in vain--even the ones I'm still slowly trekking up-- they're only bringing me closer and closer to my Savior. Again, I'll say (and I'm sure it's not the last time) that I don't understand at all what God has in store for me, but I would like to call it beauty.

Okay. I'm off my soap box. Here's the promised pictures:

<>
This picture is not at all recent. It's actually from Christmas break. I just think it's hilarious.
"You know what they say: A panda is a squirrel's best friend."

I painted this for Gin for her twelfth birthday the same time I painted Molly and Kathleen's birthday gifts.
It's a Walt Disney quote, "That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be twelve-years-old."

This picture is also not at all recent. I took it on Valentine's Day when my cute little roommate was feeling sick. It's one of my favorite pictures of her, and I think it, too, is hilarious. #LeighAwkwardSmith #iloveyou
This is me and my cute little roommate getting ready for Swampwater (Alpha Gam's spring formal) together in our cute little matching Alpha Gam bath robes! I did her hair. She looked FAB. #hottLeighAwkward

This is me and my Swampwater date, Bradley, on top of the "Auburn University" sign in front of Samford Hall. This was my first time to take a picture here (which is ridiculous considering I've been visiting Auburn for nineteen years). Bradley was a great date, and I'm so glad he got to experience my first Auburn-University-sign-picture-taking-experience with me! #shoutouttoBradleyBurroughspatiencewithmyamateurswingdancingskillz
This is mi familia outside of The Village Tavern in Birmingham where we celebrated my Mom's birthday! It's not a great picture, but I had a great time coming home for that weekend to celebrate my mom's life as well as to watch Ruthdog perform as the super-soprano Princess Tuptim in The King and I.
Ladies and Gentlemen: Team Pups n' Suds 2011.
I have LOVED being one of Team Pups n' Suds team moms this softball season. I am so very proud of each and every child's dedication, talent, and efffort. They deserve every ounce of Capri Sun we team moms have brought them.
This is me and my fellow "Team Mom", Tim, taking a Team Mom picture after Team Pups n' Suds dominated in their most recent game. (Kate Patrick is also a team mom but couldn't make it to this game so she provided the snacks!)

This is my gurly's prom hair do that I did up for her (holla at me if you want me to fix your hair and makeup for your big event)! Caroline and Ruthie both wore BCBG gowns and looked smashing. I loved fixing their hair and taking pictures for them in the springtime!

This is my favey picture of Caroline and her cutey date, Margan.

Everybody needs some Margan-lovin'...

... even Mom.
If there's one thing I've learned in college, it's this: My mom is the freaking best.
Spring is my ABSOLUTE favey season.
Kit, Kathleen, and Amy Anne came to the lake with me! We worked really hard on our MRS Degrees while we were there. #yummy

#ILOVEBANANAPUDDING


Enjoy the springtime, yall.

No comments:

Post a Comment