Tuesday, April 19, 2011

To Caroline:

[Caroline Jager. Fifteen. Sophomore. Sister. Baller. Blogger.
This is my reply to her most recent blogpost. Check it out at her blog called One Day At a Time.]

I liked reading this because I still think you're little. I think back to being 15, and I think, "Wow. My biggest care was being grouded and having a learner's permit?" But when I was 15, that sucked hard core. It was a big deal. It was life. It doesn't feel like it was more than a month ago, but it was 4 years ago. And 4 years passed fast. Really fast.

I liked reading this because it reminded me that someday, instead of you being 15 and me being 19, you will be 19, and I'll be 22. I'll still think you're little, and those 4 years will have past faster than the last 4... As for being stuck grounded, stuck at home, stuck in drama, and stuck in chemisty-- At 19, I'm not stuck anymore, and I understand all that now (minus chemistry). So, just like, at my 19, I'm looking at your 15 and understanding my 15-- at 22, I'll look at your 19, and understand my 19.

I liked reading this because it reminded me that you won't be stuck at 15, and I won't be stuck at 19 forever.


"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the dessert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:18-19

(I don't perceive it, but I'll take His word for it.)


Easter 1998: This was 13 years and 5 days ago, today. Caroline (2), Me (6), Ruthie (4)

This was my SUPER HOTTTTT profile picture when I was 15... don't think I didn't take it of myself, and don't think I won't regret posting it tomorrow, just take it as proof that life happens and things change.

This is my most recent picture taken with Caroline. Not the best, but neither are we today, 19 and 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment