Tuesday, April 26, 2011

You're Wrong.

"Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled, but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame. For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil."
I Peter 3: 13-17


Quickly and quietly Satan whispers me lies. Stealing the lips of the saved, he attempts to steal my hope for healing. He sprinkles lead into their words meant only for passing, so that their passing weighs heavy in my heart. How he loves hearing me lift them over and over and over again through every corner of my mind. How he loves watching me sweat while I carry them through every inch of my being. How he loves feeling my soul struggle as it pumps their weight through my every vein and vessel. How he loves tasting my defeat. How he loves smelling his own cruel victory....

But oh, how much more my Savior loves me. Oh, how much more my Abba loves my heart. Oh, how much more my King loves truth. And oh, how much more my Jesus gave to bring shame's death, to prove every heavy whisper a lie, and to murder all that Satan stands for. To murder him, to murder my old self, and to give me reason to believe that their words are nothing more than lies.

I will not give Satan the delight of winning. I know my Champion... and no matter what weight Satan throws upon Him: He is risen. He is risen indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment