Monday, July 4, 2011

Thoughts From the Beach

Over the past few days, the Jager family has been enjoying our annual 4th of July beach trip.
We bought three fold-out chairs from Publix this year, and it is arguably the best thirty-dollar investment we've ever made (and by "we" I really mean "Dad").

Today, I sat in one of the three fold-out chairs for a couple of hours and just thought.

and thought.

and thought really hard.

This is a summary of what all my thoughts added up to:
What would it feel like if you could dump the entire ocean straight onto your head?

but really.
The same way Mom used to rinse the shampoo out of my hair in the bathtub-- she'd fill up one of Dad's giant Auburn football cups from the concession stand with bath water and pour it all out on my face.
... What if you did that with the ocean?
Think about that.

.... anyways, it inspired some really abstract idea for a short story.
I'm gonna write it.
I hope.
I always say that to myself, but how many stories do I actually have?

Well, this one I'm gonna write.

and then I'm gonna move to Europe or New York City and dump out the whole entire ocean on my face.


I'll blog about it and let you know how it all goes.



"Deep calls to deep at the roar of your waterfalls
all your breakers and your waves have gone over me. 
By day the LORD commands his steadfast love, 
and at night his song is with me,
a prayer to the God of my life."
Psalm 42:7-8

1 comment:

  1. No Rosie, I will NEVER get tired of you telling me you love my blog. And yes, of COURSE I remember one of our earliest heart to hearts. Love you intensely. I may miss Theatre, but I will never miss those absurd costumes.

    ReplyDelete