Saturday, August 27, 2011

Every Passing Hour


I have a to-do list that is miles and miles long. 
really want to blog about my life lately, but I want it to be good.
Until my to-do list goes from miles to inches, 
I just don't have time to give the post the dedication it deserves.

In lieu of a detailed life-update, I give you this hymn. 
Its lyrics are the words of my heart these days.


Abide With Me
Abide with me; falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide.
When other helpers, fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, abide with me.

Thou on my head, in early youth didst smile;
And, though rebellious, and perverse meanwhile,
Thou hast not left me, oft as I left Thee,
On to the close Lord, abide with me.

I need Thy presence, every passing hour.
What but Thy grace, can foil the tempters power?
Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, abide with me.

I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless
Ills have no weight, tears lose their bitterness
Where is thy sting death? Where grave thy victory?
I triumph still, abide with me.

Hold Thou Thy cross, before my closing eyes;
Shine through the gloom, and point me to the skies.
Heavens morning breaks, and earths vain shadows flee;
In life, in death, Lord, abide with me.

1 comment:

  1. This was me last week. The do-to list, I mean. Only instead of calling it a to-do list, I called it a worry list because that's more what it felt like.

    Good luck, and remember to take a break at some point!

    ReplyDelete