Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Boast of My Tongue

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."
Matthew 6:33


"So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."             I Corinthians 9:26-27

"Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin."
James 4:13-17

"So as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for human passions but for the will of God."
I Peter 4:2

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil."
Ephesians 5:15-16

"Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!"
Psalm 90:17

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,"
Colossians 3:23

"Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”"
Luke 10:38-42


This is me telling everyone that I fall so short of obeying these  verses. Anyone who knows me should be able to tell you how miserably I  fail to live out these callings.

This is me praising the Lord for His grace.


"THY MERCY, MY GOD, IS THE THEME OF MY SONG,
THE JOY OF MY HEART, AND THE BOAST OF MY TONGUE"

No comments:

Post a Comment