Saturday, December 3, 2011

Oswald Wisdom

"If in preaching the gospel you substitute your knowledge of the way of salvation for confidence in the power of the gospel, you hinder people from getting to reality. Take care to see while you proclaim your knowledge of the way of salvation, that you yourself are rooted and grounded by faith in God. Never rely on the clearness of your presentation, but as you give your explanation make sure that you are relying on the Holy Spirit. Rely on the certainty of God’s redemptive power, and He will create His own life in people."
-Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest (December 3)


This hits home.
Why do I feel completely insufficient in myself? Because I AM

Am I godly enough,
wise enough,
good enough,
smart enough,
pure enough,
disciplined enough?

Am I enough?
No.

I am so sinful, so insufficient.

... That's why I have a redeemer whose grace is enough,
whose grace is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment