Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Little We Know of It, Still We Can Try

I had stumbled through about nine lines of a Valentine's Day post when I realized I had no idea what I was doing. I mean... I guess I still don't, but I can't just not write about my favorite holiday.

I really do love Valentine's Day.
I always have. Mom has always done a great job of making the day feel special; I suppose she taught me to love it. I'm glad she did.

I love the rosy colors. I love the candy-hearts. I love the chocolates and flowers and balloons and anything else. I love what Valentine's Day is. I love the celebration of love... but for some reason, I don't know how to write about it.

I think I've always loved love. At least, I can't remember a time I haven't.
I love a love-filled smile from a stranger on the concourse. I love a friendship bursting with love at the seams. I love seeing a family with love pumping through it's DNA. I love a good love story. I love to love, and I love to be loved.

Yet.
I can't make the words flow. All of the sudden, I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing with a blog. With words. With grammar. (AND I LOVE GRAMMAR! (and I'm slowly learning that telling people I love commas will never end with me still seeming normal. Oh, well. The truth hurts.))
I can captivate souls with fictional stories about suicide, but I cannot scrounge up six honest lines about love that even pluck a heart string.
Explain that to me!... Actually, don't. I would rather you keep that particular psycho-analysis to yourself.

Anyways, I'm lately realizing that with as much as I know of it, there's still so little I know of it, but echoing the song my heart's singing, still I can try.

I can try to tell you about how I woke up yesterday morning with a Jessica's-Daily-Affirmation type of attitude. I can try to explain that staying up until 1:30 in the morning to match each of my friends with the Lisa Frank card and tattoo that best exemplified their personality was worth every yawn. I can try to tell you about the extreme amounts of self-control it took not to wish innocent bystanders a happy Valentine's Day from a megaphone or the Samford Bell Tower. I can try to pretend I was ashamed to sport my pink cardigan to class. I can even try to relay to you the number of flips my heart did when it found red roses.... But my efforts lie no further than this paragraph.

And that fact is the best example of love I've got.
It's a silly, stupid, wonderful, little thing that happens to make up our hearts.

Reconsidering my love of love, I think I can write about it, just not in any sort of satisfactory way... and that's what I love about it.

... Okay.
I've GOT to wind this down. I could keep rambling until the sun rises, but we all know I'm going nowhere.

In summery, but not really:
God is love.
We love because he first loved us.
Love never ends.
That is the real reason I love love and Valentine's Day the most of all holidays.

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all.


Love,
Rosemary
(Your Little Mess)

P.S. Oh, you're sad that I have no iPhone/Instagram pictures?! Don't shed a tear! I will throw some in at the end like I always do... but only because you love them that much!

{Picture Theme: LOVE... duh.}

Mom loves me.

I love the candle Leigh Annimal made me for my birthday.

Meha loves Alpha Gam.

Stuart loves clogging his arteries.

I love honey greek yogurt and blueberries.

I love Gin.

I loved taking Gin to her first concert last weekend at
Alabama Theatre.

I love Madelyn.

I love Stuart's bow-tie... and his mohawk?
(sorta, but actually, no. not really.)

Tyler loves cheese.

Boys love Ruthie.

I loved baking Stuart a Valentine treat
in the mess of the Alpha Gam kitchen.

I LOVE LISA FRANK VALENTINE'S DAY CARDS.

I love this Lisa Frank puppy.

I love these hilarious Lisa Frank puppies.

I REALLY love everything about this picture.
:)

Abby loves beards, and Jake loves Abby.

I love my geed of a roommate... The Annimal.

[And if you've made it this far, go listen to Frank Sinatra sing "Let's Fall in Love"]

No comments:

Post a Comment